Pilaster Designs policies and procedures are for the purpose of assuring that all customers are treated fairly and equitably. The policies and procedures we define here are designed for orders that are not perfect. These procedures are tried and proven practices that we have followed for a great many years. By having such a definite policy in writing, both Pilaster Designs personnel and customers should have a common understanding in these matters, which should greatly facilitate handling of any problems which might arise.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, order number and reason for cancellation.
- Small Parcel: Customers have the option to cancel an order until tracking is created by our warehouse.
- Freight: Customers have the option to cancel an order until the order has been prepared for pickup by our warehouse.
- As our shipping department works effortlessly to process and ship orders as soon as possible, please review all the items, quantities and dimensions in your shopping cart prior to confirming your order in order to avoid any mishaps.
- Pilaster Designs reserves the right to refuse or cancel an order for any reason including (but not limited to) limitations on quantities available for purchase, inaccuracies, errors in product or pricing information, or problems identified by our credit and fraud avoidance department.
- Important Note: Out of area freight orders are subject to additional shipping surcharges or cancellation. (We will reach out to the customer after order placement to offer an option of canceling the order or paying for the additional shipping surcharges).
- Once a cancellation is processed you will receive an email confirmation that your order has been canceled. Please keep in mind that pending charges may take up to 7 business days to be removed from your account depending on the customer's financial institution.
- Shipped orders can unfortunately not be canceled. Please refer to our returns policy on how to return an already shipped order as charges may apply.
Defects and Replacements:
- Small Parcel: In the event that all or part of your order arrives defective, please send an email to email@example.com with your name, order number, pictures, part numbers and a description of the damage within 72 hours of the delivery. Never refuse a shipment, as refusing a shipment will just delay the process and cause re-delivery charges.
- Freight: Upon accepting the shipment, please take the time to inspect the freight by counting the number of boxes to ensure all items/boxes are accounted for and then opening all of the boxes to ensure there are no damages before signing the Proof of Delivery. Of course, this requires the driver to wait until the completion of the inspection, and some drivers can be pushy or impatient and will say anything to not have to wait around (not all the time, but it happens!) however doing so will spare a lot of aggravation in a case of missing or damaged items as claims of missing or damaged items that are not noted on the delivery receipt will be denied by the carrier and the customer will be responsible for the cost of any replacements.
- Missing the confirmed scheduled delivery appointment will result in the shipping company to charge a re-delivery fee.
- Damages should be refused.
- Note everything on the delivery receipt (including details that do not seem to be important).
- In the event that all or part of your order arrives damaged, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, order number, pictures, part numbers and description of the damage within 24 hours of the delivery.
- Provide images when reaching out (include images of items that were refused as well).
- Pilaster Designs reserves the right to choose the method of how a claim will be resolved. Claims are reviewed carefully and the resolution may include repair, replacement parts or replacement of the entire unit pending the extent of the damage.
- Refusing the decided method and returning the product will result in the return to be treated as a buyer’s remorse return.
- Lost packages will only be replaced or refunded after the carrier completes their trace.
- Customers should receive a written authorization (RMA) from our company prior to returning a product.
- Send an email to email@example.com or reach us by phone at 1-718-682-0324 with your name, order number and reason for return.
- You may return an item for a refund within 30 days of delivery as long as the item is in its original condition and packaging. Altered or assembled products may not be returned.
- Customers are responsible for outbound and inbound shipping costs plus a 15% restocking fee. Items that were purchased with free shipping are subject to outbound shipping costs as well as all shipping costs are included in the advertised price.
- Not following the instructions on the return authorization email will cause the return to be void and no refund or re-deliveries will be approved.
- Returns that were requested prior to the products being delivered will automatically be treated as a buyers remorse return.
- Return credits & refunds are issued after the item is received, inspected and all shipping charges were received by the carrier.